Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Happy 7th Anniversary

I am so behind in my blogging. We celebrated my brother's, dad's, and mom's birthday. The pictures didn't turn out well. I think the camera was on a certain setting and I didn't know how to change it.

So, here is one that is actually on time.

Happy anniversary! We were able to sneak away tonight thanks to the help of four of our dear family members. It was our first time at Ruth Chris' Steakhouse. My favorite part was this chocolate molten dessert. It was so nice to actually have a conversation. It also took effort for me to eat slowly and enjoy the food. I'm so used to taking care of the kids and picking things off the floor. I just shove and pick up, shove and pick up, take someone to the bathroom, and shove. Repeat in whatever order.

So tonight, we had a meal together. We were able to reflect on this year and some of our goals for our family for this upcoming year. One of the themes that kept coming up for me is that I will be investing in the things that really matter. Matters of the heart. I really believe that God has called us to keep our children close this year. So we have come to the decision that we will be homeschooling this year. We are one of those people! Please pray for us. I need God to pour out His patience over me. Please come and give me more you, Lord and less of me.

7 comments:

  1. congratulations on your anniversary!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! that is so great teresa!!! grace and strength and divine wisdom to you as you begin your homeschool journey. :) and happy anniversary to you and ed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you were able to savor and enjoy every morsel of sublime taste at the steak house, Teresa! happy anniv!!! Thx so much for letting Katelyn play at your house this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy anniversary!!! i love that you had to make effort to enjoy your dinner. what a treat, huh? :) and yes, MUCH grace this year as you keep your children close...and MUCH MUCH joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. From one of "those" people to another...WELCOME!=) Jesus says THANK YOU for your courage and obedience to STEP OUT and WALK ON WATER! He has much GRACE for you and your family this year, so just RECEIVE it, moment by moment, day by day!
    and Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAppy Anniversary... and it is so good that you and your husband sat them to reflect and make plans...

    God will bless the desires of your heart...
    From one of "those" families too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone!
    Sherly - Thanks!

    Lillian - Thank you. We will need so much help. What did you think of Sonlight?

    Caroline - Me, too! Anytime. What are neighbors for? =0) Really. Call or email me anytime.

    Emily - Thanks! Yes, it was such a treat. Thank you for reminding me about the joy. =0)

    Wendy - Ha ha! One of "those!" Thank you for going ahead of us. I think I'm in the moment by moment already!

    Victoria - Thank you for showing me that it's possible. It was really good that we were able to actually talk and have peace about our decisions. Thank you for your encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete