Thursday, August 27, 2009

Finally...a song

I think I've been wanting to write a song that paints a picture of what we've been through with Josiah's birth, but I just haven't been able to. After Mark and Lucas last night I had this need to worship God. I even felt it physically. It was kind of a ringing sensation. I don't quite know how to describe it, but I want to understand myself a little more. When I get like this I just need to write. I don't consider myself a song writer, but sometimes I just write. I can do nothing else. It was about midnight again and some of the things that Mark said just rang so true in my heart. So, the song is birthed out of our conversation. Mark, I hope it's alright that I used some of your phrases.=0)

Here it is...(revised)

You've shattered every hope
It never hurt this bad
I may never get the answers
You're turning it into
Something quite beautiful
Maybe even better

It's only by your grace
That we can see
Any bit of goodness
Coming out of all this suffering

You have a purpose, a reason
You say you know just what
You are doing here

Bridge:
Taken my heart to places
I never wanted to go
But now that I'm here I choose
To cling to you again and again

It maybe even better
Come show me it is (2X)

I'll try and record it soon. I am pretty exhausted from week 1 of homeschooling. It is tough. I am learning so much about what NOT works for me and for them. I keep hearing the other moms that say, "You're brave." Now I understand what they mean!

4 comments:

  1. Teresa, I can't wait to hear this song. The words are beautiful. Keep writing, singing and worshiping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words are so beautiful, Teresa. That is awesome that when something is put on your heart, it's a passion that can't be stopped until you nurture it. May my heart reflect the words of your song, even when life hands a lemon

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful and powerful words, teresa! please record it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read your post, Teresa. I'd love to hear the song sometime. Blessings, Mark.

    ReplyDelete