Wednesday, August 19, 2009

DOC band part 2


We are on our way to Josiah's second DOC band. I had heard of people needing to get a second one, but I didn't expect him to fall in that category. It's frustrating because I thought that we would be done with it by now, but I know that it'll all be worth it. He has pretty much outgrown his first one, so that's why they did the "bank robber" image scan again. I told Ali and Sammie that Didi is going to dress up! He was fine for the first minute and then he was mad again. But they were able to get a good shot a lot faster than last time. YEAH! Thank you, Lord! They say that he will be receiving his second one on Sept. 2nd and then we will probably need to wear it for four more months after that. The good thing about it is that insurance is covering it again. I've read from other parents that they've had a hard time getting insurance to cover their bands. So, even though it's hard, I want to remember that we are really blessed.

11 comments:

  1. i'm really sorry that he has to do this again...so much more extra work for you...with the neck exercises and all that scrubbing and cleaning. plus, just wanting to be able to see his WHOLE precious face...it WILL be worth it, though. soon these helmets will be a far off memory and you will get nostalgic over how very small josiah used to be. =) luke's helmet is in his memory box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josiah, you are such a trooper! Just seeing him in the picture getting scanned...he has grown SO much. Josiah's mommy and daddy are troopers too! Christina was telling me so many kids are NOT qualifying for therapy anymore. She said Amanda would have not been covered in this day and age...I guess that the silver lining is he receiving services and coverage! Praying for this upcoming month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your insurance is covering it for you! Hang in there... Josiah seems like he's doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank God the band got covered by the insurance. and i am sad to hear he had to go through it again and have to wear it for another four months. man, he is a fighter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Lillian. Yeah, you know how hard it is. But I have to keep remembering that it's only for a short period of time and it'll all be worth it. Any ideas for decorating his second band? Edison wants some more color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy - yes, he has quite a tummy, huh? Praise God for OT and PT being covered, too. I guess we have so much to be thankful for. Thank you so much for your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Joy. He is doing great. It's hard not to think about what's to come next month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huong - yeah, poor guy. At least it'll be cooler. Less and less nakedness for him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey teresa,
    thx for sharing. so sorry you have to go through it again. Adds yet another thing on your very busy plate. I'm encouraged you are trying your best to see the brightness in every situation. BTW, love his belly & squishiness. You are evidently feeding him well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow. i'm not a great person to ask about color for the helmet. we just left luke's plain--stark white. but josiah's going to be totally stylin' in his. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Caroline. I am loving the squishiness, too!

    ReplyDelete