Friday, August 14, 2009

garden

We have begun our first little garden. We're growing cucumbers, watermelons, tomatoes - beef ones and cherry ones, mint, and sunflowers.

Here you can see how tall our sunflowers grew!
Out of a whole packet of seeds five bloomed! One for each of us in our family.
I found a butterfly on this sunflower and it came back day after day!
Here is a picture of our watermelon plant. The watermelons are now much bigger. There are probably five of them now. I will let you know how they taste. I will say that our big beefy tomatoes have been so juicy! It is my first time eating tomatoes that I've grown myself and they are so delicious. I have been slicing them up and putting them in our sandwiches. Yum! It's hard to go back to buying those orange tomatoes at the market.

9 comments:

  1. WOW!!! i am so impressed teresa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your garden... my older girl was asking whether we can plant some sunflowers at home the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your garden, teresa! how wonderful for ali and sammie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lillian! I was pretty shocked myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victoria, thanks. Every homeschooling family must have a garden, right? =0) Ali now wants to plant some corn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy, I think you're Wendy Chang. Sorry I called you Wendy Young before. =0) It's all because of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how fun!! i hope one day i'll have a garden where i can grow my own fruits and vegetables as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, teresa!!! that is totally impressive!!! my comment is exactly like lillian's! haha!
    how FUN for ali and sammie to watch what they plant grow!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, I'm impressed, Teresa!! how great! everytime we tried to grow big stuff (pumpkins, melon), they never worked. Got a black thumb here. I'm impressed yours have been growing so well! Exciting.

    ReplyDelete