Thursday, May 6, 2010

Go, Jo jo!

We went to cheer on my brother at his final track meet. Today was league finals so there were a lot of schools. Ali and Sammie decided they wanted to make signs for him. Their idea was to use the sticks from Lina's party and shout, "Go, Jo jo!" while jumping up and down. We chose red and black because that's Harvard Westlake's colors. They both chose what they wanted their signs to say and how to decorate them. They had a blast making them. And yes, we were the only ones out there with signs. I asked J.R. if he could read the signs from where he was and
he said, " Um.....yes." Did we embarrass you? =0)

Even though he was sick, he did really well. He ran the 800 and the 4X400. The Flintridge sacred heart moms loved us. They asked if he was their brother. Ali, Sammie, and Josiah's brother. That would mean I was pregnant was I was 12. Uh.... No.
He's their Jojo - that's uncle in Chinese.

As we dropped him off, Ali said, "Mommy, I wish Jo jo could live with us." And after we came home she said, "Why does he have to go away for college? Do you think he will come back after college? I hope he does."Here we are in the bleachers. They are all enjoying a chocolate chip cookie!

Cheering Jo jo on!
Silliness


Sammie waiting for Jojo to come around.
Grandma and Sammie cheering the Wolverines on.
Jo jo and the girls with their signs after the meet.
Grandma and a happy Josiah on the way home.
Jo jo thanking Josiah for coming out to support him.


4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! How I wish I could have been there! This definitely ranks up there with things that make me homesick! Thanks so much for posting the pics and videos, Tree! It's so nice to experience it! I've never gotten to watch JR race.

    I love the pic at the end with Jojo and the girls and Jojo and the other Jo..siah :)What GREAT signs!! Such sweetness bursting out of this post! I don't know if I can take it.

    That's hiLARious! Did you see our signs? "Um.... yes." HAHA! Is it bad to wish I was there to join in on the embarrassment? ;)

    Haha! Tree, I will be shocked if you don't become a cheer coach for the girls' cheer squad one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali and Sammie, those signs were AMAZING! You did such a great job cheering JoJo on! Look at how well he did! I'm so proud of you both and Josiah for cheering for him! Isn't he a super fast runner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley-Yeah, I mostly posted the videos for you so you could see him run. I've only seen him run once or twice before, but that was a long time ago and it was cross country.

    The signs turned out nicer than I thought they would. Mostly because they wanted to do it themselves I had low expectations. I was just hoping people could read them. Yeah, we were the only ones with signs. ha ha.

    That's funny. Cheering at WCJH was one of the happiest times of my life before the kids. That would be a lot of fun.

    I'm glad you liked this post. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, your mom looks so stylin' in these pictures. really slim in that shirt, love the sunglasses and of course, that gigantic hat. sun protection - so important. :)

    i don't remember jonathan's hair being so long...

    it's hard to imagine being embarassed about such a special cheering section, but then again, i've never been a teenage boy. i'm sure he'll look back at these pictures with fond memories. :)

    ReplyDelete