
I. Jan. 1, 2009 - First morning back home for good for Josiah. It never felt so good to be home!

II. We moved into our new house. By the way, we love it here! Really couldn't have done it without my mom.

III. At the end of March Josiah had his long awaited lip repair.

IV. June 1st - started our DOC band journey. It ended up being two bands and our journey ended Jan. 1, 2010! I'll go in tomorrow to get the final measurements. I will say that this has been the biggest reason people stare. It's funny. This is what is usually going through my head. They are staring. What could they be staring at? Cleft lip and palate? DOC band? A few people have asked and it's actually nice when they talk rather then just point or nudge each other because of it. Today was fun! I took him to the Doctor's office and I got the usual...OK, they're staring. Then..."Look at that hair!" Stare..."He has really great hair!" Stare...."I love his hair! I wish he could give my son some of that hair!" Ha ha. As soon as the helmet came off, the stares are about his hair. Uh, anyone notice the cleft lip and palate? If they do, they just gush about the hair. It's a very nice change. =0)

V. We escaped from all of our heartache and pain to Maui and Oahu with my family. We all can't wait to go back again!

VI. My first baby girl celebrated her 5th birthday! I'm a mommy of a five year old. That usually makes people think I'm pretty OLD!

VII. My second baby girl celebrated her 3rd birthday! I'm starting to think that my mom is right to point out my dark circles and wrinkles every time she sees me.

VIII. Josiah has his palate surgery and partial lip repair.

IX. My baby boy celebrates the longest and hardest first year. We made it! Don't tell the girls. He is the only one I made a sign for this year. Well, I did make a 1st birthday sign for them...I think.

X. If you've made it this far, I thank you for reading and checking up on me. As a reward - really because I can't think of a 10th one - but as a reward...here is my favorite shot of 2009. I took this while they were sleeping. After I showed them, they were so happy! The next morning they asked me, "Mommy, did you take pictures while we were sleeping last night?" "No..." "Can you take more?"
WOOOHOOOOO! Celebrating with you. What a joy it is to recount God's blessings. Will be standing by you as we enter 2010. Love you and the family. Thanks. I got your message. God has been rocking my world. Will send an update very soon.
ReplyDeletewow. what a year. thanks for posting the year in review. that's a good idea! you guys have been through so much this year. blessings on your 2010! and yah, that last picture was so sweet. nice shot!
ReplyDeleteLinda,
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by! Yes, God is good. It wasn't the story we would have chosen, though. But He knows best.
Sending you our love all the way over to you and Campbell.
Send us an update soon!
Mitch!!! YEAH! I think you're my first non-female commentator. So cool! Thanks for breaking the barrier. You are a forerunner! =0)
ReplyDeleteThanks, I liked that last one, too. You and Lillian should do one, too. I actually stole the idea from someone else's blog!
LOVE that last picture too!!! though i'm pretty sure that if we snuck a picture of them in the middle of the night, their arms wouldn't be around each other like that. ha.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I was pretty surprised myself. That's why even though I was dead tired, I ran to grab a camera so I could prove it to them!
ReplyDeletesuch a sweet final picture!! Thx for sharing about your year in pictures, Teresa! What a year it's been!! hey, if people think you're old for being a mom to a 5 year old, then I'm ancient! :)
ReplyDeleteooops---above, that comment isn't from Micaela, but from me (Caroline). I guess i am on her google email account right now!
ReplyDeleteHa ha! That would be funny coming from Michaela! I was wondering who that was. I know of only one Michaela, but it can't be her! I guess you guys had a fun break, because we never heard from you!
ReplyDeletethanks for recapping your year, teresa! and thanks for the extra bonus picture! i LOVE it!!! :)
ReplyDeleteEmily, you guys have quite a year, too. You should do one on your blog!
ReplyDeleteWhat a reward! :) I love it! Seeing all these pictures makes me want to be a babysitter or a mom (??) instead of being a therapis. That way we can just play play play and have fun!!!
ReplyDelete