Thursday, January 14, 2010

DOC band graduate

Ah. My baby is a DOC band graduate! Two DOC bands later we are finally done. He went from having 14mm of asymmetry to 3mm! Benita, his therapist who also goes to Mosaic!, handed us the certificate. It says, "Josiah Ko You did it Baby!" And they all signed it. It was very sweet. It was really more for me, though. This whole process was a lot harder on me than it was on him....at least that's what I think. I'm glad we did it and I'm even more glad we're done. What a relief! They even gave us the two head molds! So now we have a little museum like collection for him. We're trying to think of a way to make them stand up with the helmets on. Any ideas? The molds are really heavy. I'll post a picture of them soon. He also had his last bank robber - I mean, DSI image scan today. He really hated having that nylon pantyhose like thing over his face! The minute she put it on, he grabbed it to yank it off. Having the band off has actually helped him with his balance, too. There is another reason I'm happy to be done. It was a lot of work, but WE ARE DONE!!!

3 comments:

  1. WOOHOO! congratulations, josiah! (and teresa!) but where are the pictures of his beautiful head?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! we are so happy for you guys! :) pictures, please! :)

    ReplyDelete