We went to Disneyland with all three for the first time. It was so crowded that they stopped selling tickets to Disneyland! We had to go to California Adventures first and then at 7:00PM we could go to Disneyland. We weren't sure if we would last that long, but we tried anyway. Even before we got into the park we had our first challenge. We forgot to bring the much needed Ergo, so my husband went back on the tram to get it. I told him I would stand in line for tickets and meet him there. Little did I know that I had left my cell phone in the car! I have become so dependent on cell phones. What did we do before we had them?! I had already walked way into the other side because I knew that the ticket lines were shorter. Some people don't know about those. I didn't know how he was going to find us. So I turned around and asked a stranger behind me if I could borrow her cell. I offered her some cash for the call, but she wouldn't take it. She let me call him for free. How nice! BUT, he didn't pick up! So I left a message telling him which ticket booth we were at hoping he would check his messages. The kids were getting restless. Sammie kept saying, "I'm tired of waiting." We hadn't even gotten into the park, yet! So, I asked another teenager who was texting if I could borrow his phone. He let me call for free, too! Maybe 20 minutes later, he came to ticket booth 3! Phew! First challenge down. y hus
We had lunch and my husband went to go buy food while we found a table. All of a sudden Sammie says, "Pee, pee!" I said, "Ok, let's wait until Daddy gets back." because I had all three kids and all of our STUFF! She yells, "It's coming out right now!" Challenge #2. So, I ask the strangers next to us if they would mind watching our stroller and other stuff while I take all three to the bathroom. They were very nice about it and agreed. I drag everyone through the food line and find my husband. Drop off Ali and the backpack and take Sammie, camera, and Josiah to the bathroom. Second challenge down.
Then we headed over to Playhouse Disney. Good thing they had some cartoons for the kids to watch while we waited. The whole time I was thinking, "I could totally see myself up there on stage!" Ha! Life before kids.
Josiah and my hubby enjoying the show.
I thought this was really sweet. Caught this moment of Ali putting her arm around Sammie.
I think he asked them, "Where's Pooh?" or something like that.
Here we are on the Caterpillar Chew Chew ride.
Sammie loves it!
We all went on the ladybug ride. They kept asking for the teacup ride, but that was on the other side. This was almost like it. It went pretty fast!
Then we hit the flying boxes ride.


I love their expressions as we started flying.
Sammie went crazy here. Some of you never get to see this side of her! The next few pictures are of her expression as the ride slowed down. She was not happy about it.


This was funny because she was trying hard not to smile while being upset!
Can't be upset anymore because mom and dad are laughing.
The good 'ole Carousel.


We decided to try the HUGE ferris wheel! Josiah is waving at the ferris wheel and all the pretty lights. You can see how high up we were!


After the ferris wheel we decided to head out to Downtown Disney for dinner because it wasn't quite 7:00 yet. My husband went back on the tram to get their big jackets because it was really cold. Right after he left, guessed who was what?! You guessed it! "I have to go pee pee!" I tried asking her to wait until Daddy got back, but she said, "It's coming out right now!" Arg. So, I asked some other strangers if they would mind watching our STUFF while I took all three to the bathroom. I had to grab everything valuable this time and them. We headed to the bathroom. Oh, I failed to mention that Sammie is terrified of public bathrooms because the toilets flush very loudly. So, that's probably why she waits until the very last second to tell me she needs to go! This also makes it difficult to take her with everyone and everything in tow! Ali is very helpful during these stressful times because she will hug Sammie while I flush the toilet. Third Challenge down.
Yeah! We made it to the other side! This line was 45 minutes long! But we all enjoyed Small World at night.

We all enjoyed Small World! Even Josiah. What a day!
We had lunch and my husband went to go buy food while we found a table. All of a sudden Sammie says, "Pee, pee!" I said, "Ok, let's wait until Daddy gets back." because I had all three kids and all of our STUFF! She yells, "It's coming out right now!" Challenge #2. So, I ask the strangers next to us if they would mind watching our stroller and other stuff while I take all three to the bathroom. They were very nice about it and agreed. I drag everyone through the food line and find my husband. Drop off Ali and the backpack and take Sammie, camera, and Josiah to the bathroom. Second challenge down.
Then we headed over to Playhouse Disney. Good thing they had some cartoons for the kids to watch while we waited. The whole time I was thinking, "I could totally see myself up there on stage!" Ha! Life before kids.
Josiah and my hubby enjoying the show.

WHEW! THAT sounded exhausting! had to laugh at the stories of sammi needing to go pee while ed was gone. somehow, that sounds exactly right. ha. what in the world did we do with ourselves before kids?! could have been TONS more productive, that's for sure!
ReplyDeleteYeah, you would think that I would make him take her before he leaves, but that would be too on top of things! I think we sat around and twiddled our thumbs more than tried to be productive, don't you think?
ReplyDeleteYou are one brave mama! I've been avoiding hub's suggestions of legoland, sea world... for the same challenges you mentioned. oh my goodness!
ReplyDeleteHey, if you guys ever need a place to drop off a kid or two for a nap, always feel free to come by, we're not that far away from d-land.
Looking at the happy faces, it was worth the challenges... was it?? I won't be trying to go for a few more years. =)
Gracee - It was worth it, but you should've seen us the day after! We were completely wasted. Even Josiah slept in! We will take you up on that offer. Watch out!!!
ReplyDeletewhat a great post! i really liked the pictures of the kids on the rides, especially all of sammi's expressions. they were priceless! i'm glad you guys got in to disneyland too. the small world ride was really pretty at night. and way to go in meeting all the challenges! kids are great! but boy, it's not easy.
ReplyDeleteHa ha! Mitch, you are so gracious with your words. You are so right on about them. I always make sure I mention that kids are a lot of fun, but a lot of work, too. Thanks for acknowledging my efforts on the challenges. At least a lot of strangers came to my rescue that day!
ReplyDeletehahaha. i'm exhausted just from reading your post! :) was going to say how much we miss going to disneyland when i saw the title of your post...but now i'm a bit tired. :D i can TOTALLY identify...having a bunch of STUFF and then needing to drag that bunch of stuff to the restroom WITH the BUNCH of KIDS!!! hahaha. that alone would make me think twice before going. yet we keep on going!!! :)
ReplyDeleteand i agree...their expressions are priceless! it IS worth it! :) too bad we aren't there to go with you guys anymore. :( we would have a BLAST!
Thanks, Emily. I don't feel as crazy knowing that you feel the same way. The things we go through for our kids! Yeah, they would have so much fun together. Even Noah and Josiah!
ReplyDeletethat's totally what i was thinking about when looking through your blog and your pictures! i think noah and josiah would really have fun playing together!!! COME VISIT!!! :)
ReplyDeletei'm going to show the girls all your pictures now!