Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year!

Dinner with our family. We enjoyed some very delicious food.
Here Sammie and Ali are enjoying some of Grandma's famous "Din gue." Yum!
I had to show you the next one so you can get the full extent of Josiah's outfit. Not exactly Chinese, but the closest thing we had! Doesn't he look like a little old man?! All he needs are some socks and tuo shie to complete the look!
The next two are outtakes because who doesn't love outtakes, right? Josiah spotted something yummy in Sammie Jie Jie's hands and went for it!SCORE! Sammie wasn't too happy with what he did to her Din gue!

9 comments:

  1. the girls look so cute in their qi paos! you too!!! can't quite tell what josiah is wearing...is that a kimono? :D doesn't matter though. he's adorable no matter what he's in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is some kind of Kimono. I think my mom bought it for Ali on a trip to Japan or somewhere in Asia. I have a boy outfit, but it won't fit him until he is 5 or 6!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids look adorable! You and the girls look like Chinese New Year models :) I love how you wore a qi pao too this year. :) Sammie's expression in that last picture is so funny! Thanks for sharing!

    Oh YUM! What a meal! We're missing our Nian gao out here. Btw, since when is lobster part of the traditional New Year meal? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a precious photo of the kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you all got dressed up for the occasion, nice! Happy new years to you all and hope the kiddos got some fun red envelopes! =) (we don't do red envelopes in our family... shucks.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the pictures! your kids look SO adorable in their outfits. and mmmmm. i love 'din que'!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. by the way, where's your husband's chinese new year spirit?! HAHA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait a sec.. you're fitting that qi pao even better than you did over 10 years and 3 kids ago! My sister, the envy of women the world over :) Work it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha! Alright, so the story behind the dress. Ali saw me pull this out. I was looking for Josiah's outfit, which I found but it won't fit him until he's 5 or 6. This is the dress I wore on stage during my UCLA days. I played the lead, Mei San and I even sang a song in Chinese! Anyways, Ali begged me to wear it. She kept saying things like, "Oh, Mommy. You will look GORGEOUS! You look beautiful everyday!" I mean over and over and over again. It was so sweet and I knew how much it would mean to her if I did it. It was such a small thing to do that would make my little girl so happy. So, how could I not? =0)Yeah, and my husband doesn't have anything remotely close! I don't think he was too disappointed about that, though!

    ReplyDelete