So his birthday is really next week, but his good friend John and I thought it would be fun to surprise him. This is no simple task! How do you hide something from your husband with two girls? Email worked great, but then I called John to solidify plans and they both heard the conversation.
Ali or Sammie: Mommy, who's coming?
Me: No one.
A: But I heard you. You said someone is coming.
Me: Oh, not today.
I had made up my mind that if I really wanted to keep it a surprise that I shouldn't tell them! That is one thing they can't do! They can't keep secrets!
So the next task would be to clean the house before our guests came. This was hard because no one else knew that anyone was coming. So I was on my own. I finally gave in and told Ali and she almost gave it away. She said, "Sammie! Someone's..." I looked at her as she was about to tell Sammie loud enough for everyone to hear. Thankfully she stopped just in time.
It was so much fun to have John and Gracee and the boys surprise him! They just showed up and his face was full of "What are you guys doing here?" He said he was wondering if they just happened to be in the area or something. Yeah, somehow your friends from Irvine just happened to be in Arcadia with their whole family. It was awesome! We had a wonderful afternoon of hanging out. Everyone got along so well. Hopefully we can get together again soon. Thank you, Hsu family for making his birthday so special!
Clutter Rehab is back new and improved!
3 months ago

We had a great time! I can still see Edison's "What are they doing here?" face, and your "I don't know what they're doing here" face looking right back at him. So fun! Yes, we need to spend more time together and not just for birthdays! With love... me and the J boys.
ReplyDeletehow fun! happy birthday, ed!!! :)
ReplyDeleteand josiah looks GREAT, teresa! we are still praying for him at every meal! love an miss you guys!