Monday, October 19, 2009

goodbye summer

So here are some pictures of our one and only watermelon that did not rot on one end.

Too bad we didn't get one with Josiah holding it! It was really heavy. It did actually taste like watermelon. My mom and my friend, Shannon were impressed. My husband was not. I don't even think he had more than one piece!

On a side note - notice how Ali is sitting. That is called something like "W sitting." Josiah's PT says I need to discourage her from sitting like that. It's bad for her knees. If your kids do W sitting tell them to stop. My PT lesson for the day!

8 comments:

  1. That was a very tasty watermelon! I was inspired to make watermelon juice after I tasted yours! I made it three days ago! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I'm impressed, Teresa! Great looking watermelon. We tried growing pumpkins one year and didn't make it. I typically have a black thumb. BTW, how did the exam go?(Sorry, I'm late here).

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a success! i planted about 4 watermelon plants and got nothing. granted, i planted it in my sandy pit - not exactly nutrient-rich soil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't W sitting almost like chinese/asian squat?
    it was so funny for me to realize not everyone squats like that when going to beijing for the first time with all the wai guo xue sheng - they asked the teachers about the peculiar sitting style. :) apparently it requires flexibility that american physique may not typically have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Wendy! I forgot to say that we made watermelon juice from it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Caroline. No, you should've seen the rest of the garden. My husband ripped it all out because it was growing out of control! This was the only one that made it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my kids would be so STOKED to grow a watermelon THAT big! unfortunately, it's way too dry out where we live. love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendy-thank you for teaching me how to use the word "STOKED" correctly. =0) What should I grow next?

    ReplyDelete