Thursday, October 8, 2009

happiness

For a moment today I found myself smiling. I didn't realize that I haven't really smiled since the surgery. I've been holding my breath for the moment when Josiah feeds normally again. Last night my husband discovered that turning Baby Einstein on during his feeding helped him eat! He went from getting maybe one or two drops of breast milk to 6 and 6.5 ounces! This morning he also had about 6.5 ounces. I thought the worst was over. I was so happy, so relieved. I found myself being thankful for a really wet diaper because that means he drank enough. I was thankful for spit up because that means he had something to spit up!

Then at lunch, he did his blocking thing again. I put the bottle in his mouth and he blocks me. He sees it coming and starts to swat at it or me. He may have had 3 ounces. He did have some solids, but I almost lost it. I thought we were on the road to easy feedings. Chubby legs! It's so heartbreaking to see and feel him lose weight.

At dinner time he maybe had two ounces. This is with the Baby Einstein on.

Before bed he had 6 ounces! YEAH! This time he was watching the Lakers. He even wore his Lakers sleeper for the first time.

My mom was really encouraging yesterday. She reminded me how I had fed him and helped to make him chubby. She said that it will come. It was really good to hear. I guess I just wanted to it to come sooner rather than later. I also learned that I can't wait for it to be happy.

On a side note we prayed that he would finish his whole bottle and when he did, Sammie raised he arms straight up in the air and shouted, "PRAISE THE LORD!" YEAH!

2 comments:

  1. oh teresa...that must be heartbreaking to see him lose chubbiness in his legs. we prayed for him every meal today...and we will continue to PRAY for his healing and for his appetite to come back SOON!
    to many many smiles ahead. love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking of you, Teresa. Day by day, may God's grace be enough for whatever you are facing. Sorry to sound so trite here. don't really have the words to say, but know that you are in my thooughts & prayers.

    ReplyDelete