Last night was a really hard night. I lost it. It was so hard. I was feeling like I was going to throw everything up, but I couldn't. I'm on bed rest and I'm nauseous all the time. At times, it lifts for a little while, but it seems to always be there.
I kept thinking thoughts like:
I can't do this anymore. This is worse than the last two times I've been pregnant because I'm nauseous, but I'm also stuck in bed. I've learned that I really love exercising. I just want to go for a walk, but know that if anything happens to the baby there would be no end to my guilt.
This is awful, but I hate hate being pregnant. I want to love being pregnant. I hear of women who love every moment of it. They've waited their whole lives to be pregnant, but I hate it. I can't pretend I like it one bit. I love my babies, but being pregnant is not fun for me. I think I really forgot how awful it could be. I told my husband, "This is the last time. I think I'm done after this." Do you know what he said? He said, "You said that the last time and the time before that." AAAAH! Why do I want more children? I must forget how painful this time is and just focus on having a three or four kids. Both my husband and I have always wanted three or four. Where do these numbers come from? In all of this, I have to remind myself that children are a blessing from the Lord. For me, pregnancies are not.
On top of all of this I feel guilty for even feeling this way. I shouldn't be complaining. I think of my friend, Mark Mikasa and how he lost his wife, Midi and his son, Nathan. What he would give for another moment with them. Here I am complaining and I have my beautiful family. God, please help me to have a better perspective about it all. I need to learn how to trust Him more. I need to be reminded that He knows what He is doing.
Clutter Rehab is back new and improved!
3 months ago

I hear all the words you say and all the feelings you can't quite put into words. Like you, I love my girls but I hated being pregnant and didn't enjoy one moment of pregnancy. And it's okay. You don't have to. It doesn't make you any less of a person or a mother. You're just human and each pregnancy is harder than the one before.
ReplyDeleteJust know that you are so beautiful, your spirit and heart so genuine and that God is abundantly providing for your every physical and emotional need. Yes, our children are a blessing even through all the hardships we go through for them.
We love you and will be praying for you...
Yen-yen,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your beautiful words. You're right. There was a lot that I couldn't express in words. You are so good at expressing how you feel on your blog. I really love it. Your words brought me so much encouragement that I read them over and over again.
Thank you!