Saturday, May 3, 2008

Ali's performance




So, I asked Dr. Chou if I could go to Ali's performance. Her preschool had a "Spring Concert." It was some kind of Western theme, so they all wore cowboy hats and bandannas and sang songs with western themes. It was a huge improvement from last year's Christmas performance where she sat on stage and played with the hay under Jesus' manger. This year, she actually did the hand motions and sang the songs. Every class recited a Bible verse and then counted numbers in different languages: French, Chinese, Japanese, Greek, Spanish, and English. Ali's class consisted of the youngest kids, so they spoke English. I was really amazed that the 4-5 year olds who were up first could sit for so long.

The whole performance lasted about and hour and a half and after you did your thing, you had to climb up on these chairs that were higher up on stage and wait until the end of the performance to sing a last song with everyone! I could barely sit that long without falling asleep. I was so tired because my doctor's appointment was right in the middle of my nap time. Yes, I have a nap time now.
So Ali's class recited John 14:6 "Jesus said 'I am the way the Truth and the Life'."
Then counted from 1-10 in English.
Finally, they sang "Look around the Prairie."

Another thing I learned is that preschool parents are vicious. Well, we were supposed to drop our children off at 6:30 and some parents had arrived at 5:00 to save seats! I overheard one mom say that they arrived right as they door opened and her mom drove from Orange county and got their even earlier than she did. Then I saw a woman ask a man if the seats were taken. He and his wife had "reserved" two rows of seats. She yelled, "You can't do that!" She was obviously frustrated because everyone else had "reserved" entire rows of seats and she was almost as far back as we were. She threw such a fuss that the man finally said, "How many people do you have with you?" She had two. So, to his wife's disappointment, he let this woman and her daughter take two of their beloved seats. She had to sit next to the man that she just yelled at. How awkward! She kept trying to explain herself to him, but I don't think he was too happy about it. We all sat there waiting for the performance to start. However, right before it all started, she decided to get up sit in the balcony! After all that, she ended up sitting somewhere else. To be honest, I kind of enjoyed watching that! Drama!

1 comment: