Saturday, May 17, 2008

Queen size beds are too small!

So, I've hit 11 weeks. We're almost there! One more week until I hit 12 weeks. I thought I was home free, but I just noticed that I started bleeding again. Dr. Chou says that she's had patients who bled throughout their whole first trimester. It's just so foreign to me. Every time I bleed I get so worried. I have to remember that God loves this baby more than we could ever love him/her. It's a miracle that we've made it this far.

On a side note, Ali has been coming over to our room in the middle of the night...EVERY night. She always comes really close to my face and either says, "Mommy. Mommy. I'm scared" or she touches me once, twice, and keeps on doing this until I say something. Last night she tapped me until I moved over so she could climb into bed with us. I never thought our queen size bed was too small for us until now. A few nights ago, she climbed in next to me and sometime in the early morning she fell off the bed! Since I'm still on bed rest I have a lot of books and magazines on the floor next to the bed. She landed on top of them! Edison leaped over me and rescued her in a heartbeat. Her put her in between us and she fell back asleep. I was amazed that she didn't cry. It was a pretty hard fall.

Last night, I kept thinking that she would fall and she almost fell a couple of times. I couldn't go to sleep because I kept my arm around her so she wouldn't fall. You might be thinking, why didn't you just put her in the middle? Well, I can't explain my middle of the night thinking. I was too tired to and I can't lift her by myself right now. So, this morning I told her, "Ali, mommy couldn't sleep because I was afraid you were going to fall off of the bed. There is not enough room. I need you to stay in your bed at night."

She says, "It's squishy!" with a big smile on her face. "It's OK, mommy. We'll just squish together." She says this while hugging herself and squishing her face together like it's so much fun!

I say, "But, there is not enough room for all of us."

Ali says, "All three of us? Oh, I mean all four of us."

How much do you want to bet that I'll have a midnight visitor tonight?

2 comments: