We had another check up for Josiah today. It was his nine month one even though he is almost ten months. He is a little above 50% in weight and 75% in height. Our Doctor was so surprised that he measured him himself to check. Praise God!
I was able to speak with his plastic surgeon today and it made it all so real. The good news is that he will allow Josiah to use his bottle after surgery. I guess most doctors don't. I asked him if he thought it would be alright and he said, "That's what I've been doing for 30 years. I wrote a paper on it." =0) What do you say to that?
So, the surgery is this coming Monday at 7:15am. We will have to be there at 6:15. It will last anywhere between 2 1/2 -3 hrs. We are supposed to stay only one night. I really do hate this part. He said there is a 5% chance that we would have to stay longer. He also said that most babies (about 80%) are fussy afterwards and have a hard time eating. But some babies (about 20%) do just fine afterwards. Please pray that we will be in that 20%! I can always hope for a miracle.
Thank you so much for your prayers and support. Every bit of encouragement means so much to me!
Clutter Rehab is back new and improved!
3 months ago

I will pray for Jusiah and your family .God will protect hosiah and the surgical operation will be very sucocessful !! love
ReplyDeleteYen ling
You'll do great next week, Josiah! Praying for strength for you little guy! We have been praying for months now for this every night! He will be right by your side!
ReplyDeletewe're standing with you, josiah! may God's Spirit hover over you the entire time, before and after surgery, too. may the Holy Spirit hover over teresa and ed, too! and may your recovery be exceptionally fast! we will be praying!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Teresa,
ReplyDeleteWe're praying for you! Let us know if we can bring you dinner at the hospital or something on Monday! We're right down the street so if you need anything, please call!! Sam is at Cedars (I'm assuming Josiah's surgery is at Cedars?) this month so let us know if you're up for visitors!
Praying the Lord's peace over the whole situation before, during, after, everyone involved and for a full and quick recovery! Love you, Ko family! Love you, adorable Josiah!!
ReplyDeletewe will be praying for that miracle that josiah will eat fine and will have little fussiness as possible.
ReplyDelete