When you go on a missions trip you come away a changed person and often times you feel like you've gained more than you gave. This is week four of homeschooling and I'm learning that God can speak through the simplest of things. I think I'm teaching Ali and Sammie, but God is speaking to me.
Ali and Sammie like the song Phil. 4:6-7 from the seeds album. For our worship times I simply choose the ones that they like, which are the catchy ones. We've been starting off our times singing "Do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Today I asked them to sing it over me because I really needed it. Worship time is not just for them.
For our Bible reading time we've been reading the book My ABC Bible Verses by Susan Hunt. Today's verse was Ps. 147:1 "Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God." The mom explained that it is "good to praise the Lord because it pleases Him. Second, when we praise the Lord, it makes us think about Him rather than about our troubles. We praise Him because He is our sovereign King who is in control of everything. We praise Him because He is our heavenly Father who loves us and takes care of us. And when we praise Him, we stop worrying about what's happening to us. We start rejoicing that we have such a wonderful God." Missy and Bill's mom reminded me to praise God. So whenever I worrying about it all I just stop and praise Him. He will take care of me - of us. We sure do have a wonderful God.
Clutter Rehab is back new and improved!
3 months ago

AMEN, teresa! God just reminded me of the exact thing last night when i was praying with a friend! i just need to praise Him, worship Him and thank Him, even in tough circumstances!!! thanks for sharing! and your homeschool sounds SOOO wonderful!!!! makes me want to spend more time worshipping with my kids!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Emily. You remind me what a gift it is to be able to worship with them.
ReplyDelete