So I just finished putting the chocolate banana bread into the oven. It's a small thing, but as a teacher I am very grateful for the delicious treats that I was able to shove into my mouth to help me keep going. I met up with a co-worker today and we both agreed that it is very nice when parents bring gifts. It shows that we are appreciated. I appreciate you, Doctor.
Today I only technically lost it once. I couldn't look at Edison for too long without losing it. I was a mess for a good chunk of the day, but then God came and blessed me with three very dear friends. Illin and Kirsten called to check up on me - which is just what I needed. They told me that they would come by and pray for me. Then Lillian prayed for me and I felt as if I could go through it. A little of the "noisiness" of my thoughts and emotions were calmed and I felt as thought I could breath again without being on the verge of crying. Team Illin and Kirsten (they wore matching outfits - not planned!) came bearing tons and tons of gifts. Food for our bodies and souls. Books, journals, magazines, tissue boxes, verses! I didn't know how much I needed people to talk to. How great is our God? Oh it was so good. The husbands held down the fort so they could come and be there for me. Thank you, God for such good friends! I felt like God just swooped down from heaven and wrapped me up in His arms. Plus, Evelyn and Howard came by and offered to take care of dinner for us! My mother and father-in-law also stopped by and prayed for Josiah. It was so precious. I ended the night with my sister praying for us. I feel so blessed and loved. Thank you! Thank you everyone for praying for us. We're only a few hours away. I will let you know how it all goes.
Today I only technically lost it once. I couldn't look at Edison for too long without losing it. I was a mess for a good chunk of the day, but then God came and blessed me with three very dear friends. Illin and Kirsten called to check up on me - which is just what I needed. They told me that they would come by and pray for me. Then Lillian prayed for me and I felt as if I could go through it. A little of the "noisiness" of my thoughts and emotions were calmed and I felt as thought I could breath again without being on the verge of crying. Team Illin and Kirsten (they wore matching outfits - not planned!) came bearing tons and tons of gifts. Food for our bodies and souls. Books, journals, magazines, tissue boxes, verses! I didn't know how much I needed people to talk to. How great is our God? Oh it was so good. The husbands held down the fort so they could come and be there for me. Thank you, God for such good friends! I felt like God just swooped down from heaven and wrapped me up in His arms. Plus, Evelyn and Howard came by and offered to take care of dinner for us! My mother and father-in-law also stopped by and prayed for Josiah. It was so precious. I ended the night with my sister praying for us. I feel so blessed and loved. Thank you! Thank you everyone for praying for us. We're only a few hours away. I will let you know how it all goes.
Here are some pictures of our Josiah before his surgery:

PRAISE GOD for the hands and feet and heart of Jesus through friends and family! praying for you.
ReplyDeleteteresa...how are you guys? are you home?!!! thinking and praying for you guys! let us know how josiah doing!
ReplyDelete