Thursday, September 10, 2009

Potty talk

Big decision of the day:
What would you do?

I was changing Josiah's diaper and surprised me with a fountain of pee all over the blanket, his clothes that I had just changed him into, and my hands. Then Sammie yells, "Mommy, I'm done." She's on the toilet and she's ready for me to wipe her because she just went poo. I have pee on my hands. Hmmmm. Should I wash my hands and then go wipe her and wash them again? Or should I just wipe her with my pee filled hands and then wash my hands afterwards?

Another random thing:
So, the wall of our bathroom connects to Josiah's room. I try my hardest to be quiet so I don't wake him up. So sometimes I won't flush the toilet after I use it just in case I might wake him up. If this is gross to you stop reading right now. Right now.

Sammie loves to use our toilet for some reason. One morning she came over to our bathroom to use the toilet and she saw that I hadn't flushed the toilet. I explained to her that Josiah was sleeping and I didn't want to wake him up. She hesitated a little and said with a smile, "Mommy, can we mix our pee?!" I told her we could and she was so excited. She climbed up and said, "We're peeing together. I'm mixing my pee with yours!"

6 comments:

  1. just laughing...just laughing...really a classic post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Sammie's a riot!! She brings the term "sai nai" to another level :)

    In answer to your posed question: I'd rub hand sanitizer on your pee-filled hands, wipe Sammie's butt, rub more sanitizer in, continue to clean up Josiah's mess, rub sanitizer in.

    It may seem tedious, but it's the fastest way to not transfer their pee-poo germs between each other or to you or anyone else. Transferring what comes out of us to what comes in is the cause of MANY infectious diseases. (i.e. Hepatitis A, Hepatitis E, Salmonella / E. Coli poisoning, etc.) These would cost you a lot more trouble in the near future!

    Studies have shown that hand sanitizer is equally effective in cleaning your hands as long as there's no visual dirt (or poop) on them. If there's a sanitizer in Josiah's room, it'll make it much more convenient.

    Such a technical answer to a funny post, but it's important stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! your sammie is really something else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sammie's adorable and hilarious! :D

    ReplyDelete