Oh, God. Please give me strength!
Please pray for...
1. We are asking that God would close up his palate so that he won't need any surgery. We really believe that He can. I read on someone's blog that their daughter's palate had grown closed as she grew. So much so that she didn't need surgery anymore! Plus, we've been watching the videos "Finger of God" and it really helped open my eyes to see that God can use children to heal anyone.
2. Josiah's feeding. He is pretty difficult to feed. He may or may not use a bottle after surgery. Usually they don't want to eat because it hurts too much. I'm afraid that we will have to stay in the hospital for more than one night if he doesn't drink enough. Pray that he will drink well after the surgery so that they will let him go home on time. Please pray that he will drink from a cup before his surgery so that he will transition well from bottle to cup. Maybe we won't even need to use his bottle anymore!
3. Ali and Sammie - since I'm homeschooling them they are both home. I don't drop them off anywhere. Pray that God would pour down His grace on them. They would play well together. They would not need so much attention during this time. They would be kind and helpful towards one another.
4. Josiah's surgery - God would guide Dr. Reinisch's hands and everyone else that helps him. The surgery would be a complete success and that he would be able to fix his nostril and lip in this surgery so that he wouldn't have to have to be put under again. Anesthesia would go well. Pray that there would be no complications. He was cleared for surgery by his pulminologist. Her words were, "He looks too healthy to be in the pulminary lab." YES! There would be no breathing issues or heart issues. Every organ would work together perfectly.
5. Scared. Pray that I will trust God to take care of our son. This is the big one and to be quite honest - I am scared. Pray that I will be able to surrender all of these fears to God. If I think about it these thoughts just eat me up alive. But I must remember that He went ahead of us during his birth, hospital stay, code blues, passing the barium swallow test, coming home, first surgery, DOC band, and now this. How could I doubt His faithfulness? His love endures forever.
Thank you for reading this and praying for us. God has used each one of you as His arms that carried us through all that has happened. And here we go again...

Will be in prayers...
ReplyDeleteI understand it will be difficult as the days draw closer, however, God's strength is make perfect in our weakness.
Be courageous
thank you for sharing your heart, teresa. we will be PRAYING!!! btw, that is a great picture of you two--what are you talking about? i love it!
ReplyDeleteYes, thanks for sharing so openly. I will definitely keep your family in my prayers during this time. I think that's a great pic too!
ReplyDeletelots of blessings and hugs to you, Teresa. Thx for sharing so transparently and from your heart. I so appreciate it. you took that risk, and I really appreciate your trusting us w/ the concerns of your heart rather than just putting on some sort of "front." May God help you to trust Him. :)
ReplyDeleteBig Bird, I'm here and praying. I will be sending you an email. Already wrote down the prayer requests for Campbell and I to see and be praying. Love you.
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh, i just called you by my name. how awful of me, godzilla. ;) sending you my love.
ReplyDeleteoh teresa...we will definitely be standing and praying with you! May you and your family experience His goodness and faithfulness yet once again!
ReplyDeleteVictoria - It's so good to be reminded of God's strength when I am so weak!
ReplyDeleteWendy - Thank you for praying for us and for liking our picture! I'm always hesitant to post pictures of myself. =0)
Joy - Thanks for being such an awesome source of support for me. Maybe I'll post more because of your kind words!
Caroline - Thank you for making me like it's alright that I don't have it altogether all the time. Biggest understatement of the year!
Big Bird! You are hilarious! That means we haven't talked in too long. =0) Thank you for praying for us even when you're so far away. Thank Campbell for me. Your friend, Yen Ling just found me on facebook!
ReplyDeleteEmily - Thank you so much. What an amazing Father we have.
ReplyDeleteteresa...will totally be standing with you in prayer! thank you for baring your heart and soul. grace, strength and courage to you, friend.
ReplyDeleteYou KNOW we're praying for you, Josiah, the whole family, and all the health care ppl involved! Much Love!
ReplyDelete