Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thankful - beware, this list starts off about him and ends up about me!

So I was laying in bed last night and I found myself getting sad that Josiah could not breastfeed. We're going on a trip and the convenience of nursing vs. pumping is overwhelming. So I've decided I need to get things into perspective and list out the things I am thankful for....even though it's not thanksgiving it'll be good for me.

1. Josiah went from 5% to 10% to almost 50% in weight in 6 months! When I was nursing him, my milk supply kept going down and he wouldn't have been able to gain as much weight if I held onto nursing.
2. He has been cleared of his low cortisol hormone! A lifetime of worry gone.
3. He does not have sleep apnea and does not need his oxygen tank anymore. To be honest, we never really used it.
4. He smiles when he sees us.
5. He's getting his DOC band to correct his plagiocephaly and he has an OT that's working with him strengthen his neck, etc.
6. He sleeps through the night!
7. He is eating solids pretty well.
8. I can squeeze my muffin top into my pre-pregnancy jeans. OK, two pairs sort of fit. Just can't wear any tight fitting shirts with them! This is mostly from pumping it all out.
9. Ali doesn't push other people down during her soccer games. Once in awhile she'll kick the ball if it's in front of her. Most of the time she lets other people go first. At least she is considerate.
10. Josiah's plastic surgeon and his office staff like the banana bread and zuchinni bread I bring every time we see him. He still has many more surgeries to go. It's my shameless way of buttering him up. Maybe when he's in the OR he will remember the breads and do a nice job on Josiah. I walk in there like I'm some super homemaker or something! Last time I even said, "I brought you another bread!" Ha ha!
11. We are going to Hawaii with my family soon!
12. I am done being pregnant and I'm 30. Even though I've been told by my mother that I look REALLY old. Ni je mo lao! She keeps asking if I'm using the eye cream she gave me!

Alright. That's all for now.

7 comments:

  1. hi, it's great to see the development and the things to be thankful about...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so lucky you're done already...some of us are watching the time pass us by and can't do a darn thing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what wonderful things to be thankful about, teresa! :) God's goodness is shining through your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Teresa, life is good. A lot of wonderful praises re: Josiah's growth. Each of those things listed is huge in and of itself! And to fit into your pre--pregnancy clothes....wow!! And to only be 30 and having given birth to 3 kids! you're just a young babe.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherly, do you know that I'm afraid to tell people how old I am? The other moms tend to distance themselves from me when they find out I'm only 30! So I try to keep it a secret as long as I can! You are still a youngin', too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caroline,
    Thanks for reminding me that each and every one of those are miracles!

    ReplyDelete