Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 6

Today Josiah's OT came and helped with some suggestions for feeding. She suggested we try and make his feedings more of a positive experience. So she used the bottle to touch his lips and his incision. This was helpful because he usually just screams when the bottle touched him. She said that he could either regress or do really well. I've been trying to give him a more positive experience with his feedings. So I've found the best way to feed him right now is to put him in the sling and walk around in the backyard. Here are some pictures of what Ali and Sammie do while I'm trying to feed Josiah. And of course some more pictures of Josiah.



4 comments:

  1. i was thinking, isn't it wonderful that you have this lovely backyard to walk josiah around in now? if you were back at the old house, you might not have such a lovely retreat for the two of you, for him to gaze up at the leaves in the trees blowing and moving in the sunlight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very true. Our backyard is such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, he looks much happier already! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the OT is helping. Love the snow white sisters and Josiah pics!

    ReplyDelete