Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A retreat


Today started off really great. My good friends, Sing-yi, Russell, and Lillian came over. It was so nice to catch up with them. It was their first time meeting Josiah. But he was not doing well. He hasn't been doing well these last couple of days. Is it possible that he is teething? He is only three months old, but he is drooling like crazy and he keeps digging into his mouth with his hand. He wakes up so many times during his naps and at night. It's really tiring. Then it was crying. If it wasn't one person it was the other. Or it was both at the same time! I lost it a couple of times before I just realized I needed to get away. I gave my husband a crying baby, pumped, and drove off. I needed to get away. Where did I go? I went to Walgreens to pick up Josiah's prescription and Target. Ah, Target. It is so nice to walk up and down the aisle by myself. I have time to think and make sensible decisions. It has become my place of refuge. I did pick up an English breakfast latte for myself. When I came home Ali threw he arms open wide and said, "I missed you this much!" I thought that was really nice. While they were brushing their teeth, Ali told me that daddy told her that I left because I was tired of hearing their bad words. Great. I'm back and I have to say my retreat to Walgreens and Target helped. I think we're in for a long night. I'm praying that God will help Josiah sleep well tonight. He'll take away any pain he has from teething or whatever else is going on.

3 comments:

  1. Teresa, hope things get better for Josiah (and you) soon. After a rough day, I have been known to escape to Target too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is just something about Target. Maybe I'll see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha. i went to target to run a quick errand today while jonathan took noah to the doctor's. this was a RARE occurrence that i got to DRIVE by myself to run an errand. i enjoyed EVERY minute of the drive! too bad my target is so for from yours!

    ReplyDelete