Friday, March 6, 2009

Just keep trying

So Ali had another one of her "wiggly leg" crying episodes. I call them "wiggly legs" because she loves to kick her legs when she's upset about something. Do you know what I'm talking about? She lost her bracelet while she was on her top bunk. I was feeding Josiah, so I couldn't go up there and help her look for it. I told her to "Just keep trying, just keep trying" in the Finding Nemo tune for "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming." As she lifted each stuffed animal up, she said, "It's not working!" About five seconds later she said, "Here it is!" I didn't say anything because I didn't like her attitude. Usually I would say something like, "I like the way you kept trying, Ali." But, this time I didn't. She came down and said, "You were right, Mommy. It was easy." Wow. My four year old said I was right. She is my little teenager who needs to argue and debate my every word! But today she said I was right. I said, "So next time what should you do?" Ali says, "Just keep trying. Just keep trying." And she just kept singing that as she walked to the dinner table.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for all the updates! I love the pictures and stories! Thanks for sharing! Glad you could get away when you needed to. You're such a patient and amazing mother! I'm taking notes for how to properly instruct children :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shirley! Yeah, I'm glad I was able to get away, too. Thanks for sending your pictures. The girls loved seeing them!

    ReplyDelete