Saturday, April 14, 2012

Living on the Young Family farm!

Naomi and Samuel were so excited to show us their chicks. We had heard so much about them that we couldn't wait to meet them!
naomichick
kcsamuelchicks
Ali could be found spending hours at a time with these chicks. She came home asking if we could raise chickens!
storyboard032
Sammie loved them, too. You can see pure joy on her face as she holds this chick.
storyboard026
Josiah was not a fan of holding the chicks. So, how was I going to get a picture of Josiah and a chick? Place one on his shoulder! This was his reaction...
kcjosiahchick1
I asked him to smile and he gives me the best nervous smile he can muster up. Atta boy!
kcjosiahchick2
He did, however enjoy feeding them!
kcjosiahfeeding
The kids were so thrilled that they could pick fresh laid eggs everyday! They love hard boiled eggs, so this was a real treat for them!
storyboard030

kcsamegg
The Youngs fired up the fire pit for us! They cooked hotdogs and roasted marshmallows for s'mores!
kcmarsh
Josiah chose to have one with just chocolate. I think he's looking for the marshmallow!
kcjosiahsmores
Sammie did the real thing.
kcsamsmore
The Youngs also had a tire swing in the backyard! Sammie loves to fly high. The second picture is more like the real Sammie!
storyboard028
Brother and sister try the swing together.
storyboard031
Ali loves to swing, too.
kcswingali
On the last day, we stopped by to say goodbye and Ali got to hold a baby bunny! This girl was incredibly happy!
kcalibunny
So, the prank story goes like this. The Lees took us to Cracker Barrel for dinner one night and my husband found this dinosaur egg in the store there. He thought it would be funny to put this egg in the Young's chicken coop! Bekah knew right away what he was talking about. She said, "You mean, like a prank?" Whoa. I wonder how she knows what a prank is! Driving to the Young's house was hilarious because Ali was so nervous. "Daddy, do we have to do it? I'm nervous! I don't want to do it! What if they get mad?" My husband had the "egg" in his pocket and was going to slip it into the coop when no one was watching. Well, Sammie almost ruined it! When everyone was there, she kept digging into his pocket and saying, "Daddy, give it to me! Give me the egg! I want to do it. I want it!" We kept shooing her away, but she was so persistent. She finally gave up, but later I found out that she couldn't keep it a secret.
dinoegg
My husband put it in the chicken coop, but then he decided to take it out. He didn't want to traumatize the chickens because Wendy had told us that sometimes the chickens peck at their eggs! He put it in their refrigerator instead. Samuel found the egg. I think he said, "Why does this egg have three holes on the bottom of it?!" Then Naomi said that Sammie told her that her dad had a dinosaur egg! I got a text on my phone as we were landing in L.A. telling us that they had just found the dinosaur egg and that they all had a good laugh!
kcedegg
So, we attempted a group shot and this is what happened! Farmer Keith decided it would be funny to put a chicken on top of his wife, Wendy's head for the picture. She didn't think it was funny!
kcchicken group1
This scared the rooster Samuel was holding and they both went flying!
kchickengroup2
I don't think I've ever seen my husband's face this ecstatic before, have you?!
kcchickengroup3
This is what we ended up with.
kcchickengroup4
Our time with the Youngs was so fun! We miss them so much! Thank you for such a memorable time at your home. Our kids have not stopped talking about Naomi and Samuel. We love you guys!

7 comments:

  1. hey, that was a great picture of ed! you guys look so happy in that last picture! did the youngs tell you that they discovered the "egg" in the carton and figured out something was wrong with it before they even did anything? bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, my original plan was to put the "egg" in the chicken coop, but thought that it may traumatize the chickens - haha. So plan b was to put it in the egg carton. Yeah, not the same and not the same effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for posting memories on our "farm", teresa! can you send them to me? i LOVE all of them! the groups shots were funny! i didn't even get to see your kids out there enjoying the animals, so this was great fun for me to view it all here. yeah, thanks for the egg prank, ed! we still have it in your memory.=) we miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I don't know what we were hoping for. Maybe that they would try and crack it open to fry? We were hoping that they wouldn't sell it to their friends! Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the picture of josiah not enjoying the chick on his shoulder. him and dale may share a dislike of avian friends. :) dale used to hold up a pillow if i held a bird on my hand and say, "don't poo on me"... as if a bird's poo would fly horizontally at him! ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Yes, I thought I'd better show how he really felt about it. The smiles are cute and all, but there is nothing like the real deal. Dale is hilarious!

      Delete
  6. Hi Teresa,

    I wish the Ko Family lived here! Please get Ally some chicks. They are so adorable and they don't eat much. When Ally, Sammy, and Josiah are tired of them you could always, ummmm, eat them. I can't wait to see all of you, again!

    Big Hug,
    Keith

    ReplyDelete