Thursday, August 11, 2011

Azusa Renaissance Theater Company

At the beginning of the summer, Ali and Sammie attended a musical theater camp at APU. Sammie was actually not old enough, but they gave her a try. This was her first time away from me for an extended period of time. She has never been to pre-school or anything. So, we were pretty nervous. But, she actually did very well! It really helped to have Tabitha, Kayla, Garrett, and Ali there with her. The older girls thought she was so cute! She became their little doll in a way. They took turns asking her if they could carry her. She really liked that.

On stage she walked on and off at the right times. But she didn't really open her mouth or move her body. What surprised me was what she said afterwards. She said, "Mommy, I really liked being on stage. I liked it when everyone was looking at us. I couldn't help but smile! I just kept smiling! I can't wait to be in a performance again! When can I do it again?!" I thought that was so funny! At home she will sing and dance for anyone. She even did it for Josiah's speech therapist the other day. So, I guess she really did enjoy it. No one could tell when she was on stage though! But, she did do a good job looking cute!

Pinocchio - Azusa style!
sammiestage

sammie
Ali was cast as a Playland dancer. She was supposed to be 7 to be in this group, but they let her give it a try. She was the tiniest one, but she could hold her own as a dancer. They were supposed to be rockstars!
aliapu1

alidancing

alisplits
Kayla and Garrett are next to Ali.
aligarretkayla
Ali took her bows with the other dancers.
alibowing
As soon as they were done, Sammie ran right up to us. Josiah pushed his way through to Sammie, gave her a big hug, and yelled, "Good job, Sammie!"
josiahsammie
I think everyone enjoyed camp!
apugroup
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for coming out to support them!
familyshot2
Auntie Shirley from Africa was able to come, too!!! What a treat!
shirley

family shot

2 comments:

  1. oh man! i totally want to put isabella in a musical theater program too! you are such an awesome mom:) how do you do homeschooling? you are amazing..much respect teresa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle - When she turns 6 you can take her to Biola Youth Theater! If you're interested Ali is in a show in October. You can see for yourself if this is something you might like for her. I'm guessing you live closer to Biola than I do! Thanks for your kind words. I definitely don't deserve them, though!

    ReplyDelete