Josiah-I've been concerned about this cough and difficulty breathing. Saturday and Sunday he was wheezing. I took Dennis' advice and brought him to Urgentcare. Get this, we were the only ones there when I arrived! So, I'm not telling you where it is because otherwise you'll go! Ha ha. The doctor finally gave him a chest x-ray and said she's 99% sure he is not micro aspirating. I REALLY hate that word. I remember looking at the doctor at CHLA right after he passed his swallow study and I asked, "So, that means there is no micro aspiration, right?" "Right." What I really wanted to say was, "HA!" (fist punch in the air)
But, he still has this cough. This doctor gave him some steroids to add to his nebulizer. So now we're back to doing the breathing treatment twice a day. CHLA has opened up a clinic in our city and we have a ticket to see pulmonology and maybe GI. A ticket - that means they will call us to schedule an appointment. We'll see when that happens. In the meantime, he is still coughing so hard that he throws up. Tonight, I was so frustrated because he ate a good size dinner. Daddy was down for the count. So, I was so happy that he ate. He is doing this thing where he won't eat unless Sammie feeds him. She is nice enough to get up every other bite and feed him. We gave him his breathing treatment. Then it was time for milk. He wouldn't drink any, so we let him watch a clip from Cars. He drank his milk and then threw it and his entire dinner up. The good? Husband ran to get something big enough to catch it all. Bad? Josiah went to bed with an empty stomache. ARG! I almost lost it then.
Another good thing? He will sometimes hold it himself! Sometimes not...



Awww girl! Sounds like it's really pouring over there right now! What a role you are playing right now holding your family together. I'll be praying that God will give you extra doses of grace, strength and patience during this time! Big hugs!
ReplyDelete"Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Do not let the Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua1:6-9
Thank you, Autumn! What a great friend you are! Thank you for Joshua 1:6-9, too. I needed that.
ReplyDeleteHow are you? I've been thinking about you. Wondering when your son is coming?!
Teresa, we're praying for your family ... that they recover soon & can celebrate this Christmas season in full strength.
ReplyDeleteI'm wondering when my son is coming too! :) He was due yesterday. My dad is here now, so I'm just trying to rest up for whenever he decides to come. They are inducing me Monday if he doesn't come before then. Oh boy!
ReplyDeleteI need Joshua 1:6-9 now too! Strength and Courage for whatever is ahead! Love you girl- please take care!
Sad that we won't be able go make it to the small group reunion! =( Hope your Christmas goes well!
ReplyDeleteMelissa and Laura