Thursday, December 23, 2010

CHLA and Samuel





Today we headed over to CHLA for our 2nd annual visit. Two Christmases ago was spent in the NICCU at CHLA and it was awful. You just want your baby to be well enough to come home so everyone can be together for Christmas. This year Ali and Sammie dipped pretzels in chocolate (milk and white) and sprinkled on some Christmas decorations. They also made chocolate banana muffins for the families. I chose two things that they could make because I want them to know that they are making something to bless these families. It is my hope that by making these little care packages their hearts will grow as they serve and love those in need.

My sister came with us so I could run in and deliver the treats. While I was there, I asked about Samuel and his family. The nurse said they weren't in, so I began to write them a note. As I was writing I looked up and saw Samuel's mom, Kelly scrubbing down to go in. I introduced myself and was able to talk to both Dan and Kelly. It was really quick because I didn't want to take much of their time and the kids were in the car with Shirley. But, it was just a divine moment. I just really wanted them to know how we are praying for them and how Dan's words on his blog has been so healing for us.

I was incredibly blessed by this conversation with both Dan and Kelly. Please, please pray for them. They received news today that the doctor's are going to take Samuel off of the ECMO machine tomorrow morning. This machine that has been keeping him alive. Read Dan's post from his blog. Basically, the doctors think he will live for a few minutes and they will finally be able to hold him. They need a miracle! As Sammie reminded us tonight, Jesus is the healer and Ali said, "He is the best doctor, better than all of the doctors!" Join me as we pray that God would heal Samuel, amaze the doctors, and above all ...glorify Himself!

1 comment:

  1. Bless your tender heart, Teresa...

    Will be praying for comfort, peace for Samuel's family.

    ReplyDelete