Ali turned six years old last Friday, the 25th! How time flies!
This year she wanted an Esther party. Yes, Esther from the bible. So, we started off with a little recap on Esther focusing on her beautiful heart. It was a day of focusing on inner beauty and outer beauty!
This year she wanted an Esther party. Yes, Esther from the bible. So, we started off with a little recap on Esther focusing on her beautiful heart. It was a day of focusing on inner beauty and outer beauty!
To me, the funniest part of this picture is Josiah. He came to join us after we had started. It looks like he is saying, "Hey, mom. You tell them about Esther." All casual and all.We had lunch and then the girls made their frames. I took them outside one by one and took pictures of them so they could add their pictures later.
I love this one because she actually stood next to her frame and asked, "Auntie Teresa, take a picture of me." Nice!
J.J. in all her beauty!After they decorated their frames, they watched the Esther movie Veggie Tales style. While they watched the movie, the moms painted their nails!
Sammie's bright red toes!
Nicole's newly painted nails.Then we had cupcakes. They were supposed to be crowns like Queen Esther's crown, but they didn't stand up very well. Thankfully, the kids didn't complain.

The birthday girl and her birthday cupcake!
Amanda's newly painted nails and her crown cupcake.
It looks like she liked it!
Sammie liked hers, too!Thanks, Dennis and Wendy for sharing your pictures with me!
As I think back to all that has happened this year, it's amazing how much Ali has grown. It was our first year homeschooling, so I know that I had to grow right along side of her. I love that I get to spend so many hours each day with her. I wouldn't have it any other way. She loves to sing and dance, bake, read. Oh my goodness. She loves to read! She started off this year not really reading and now I can't get her to come eat because she is lost in her books! She is very playful with Sammie and Josiah. She is not all girl! She loves to get rough and dig in the dirt with the rest of them. She loves to lead worship and sometimes she writes songs to God when she is alone. She is very helpful and observant. She loves all things beautiful: flowers, dresses, jewelry. For Mother's Day she chose a beautiful heart locket for me. She wanted me to have a heart locket so that I could put their pictures inside it and show people their pictures. What a joy she is!
Happy 6th Birthday, Ali! I love you very much!

the party looked like so much fun teresa! i love the frame idea and the cupcakes! wow, did you make those?
ReplyDeletehappy birthday, ali! you are SIX!!! i can hardly believe it.
Thanks, Lillian for all of your ideas! The frame idea was Wendy Young's! Well, I attempted to. Then all the moms helped and then they didn't stay standing up! So, yes and no.
ReplyDeletewhat a FUN party! :) we wished we could have been there to celebrate with ali! the girls are going to LOVE looking at these pics tomorrow!
ReplyDeletehappy birthday, ali!!!
I love what you shared about Ali, what a beautiful girl, and I'm looking forward to see the young lady she's growing up to be.
ReplyDeleteAnd you are very creative, Teresa... birthday parties like that (theme, craft, decorations..) would stress me out (maybe that's why God didn't give me any girls. haha)
Can't take any credit. I have creative friends. Lillian and Wendy Young helped me with the ideas!
ReplyDeleteAli is really a beautiful girl, inside and out. Teresa, you have done a wonderful job with her.
ReplyDeletebeautifully done, Teresa. What a fantastic theme!!! so much more meaningful!
ReplyDeleteJoy, what a nice thing to say! Thanks so much for the encouraging words.
ReplyDeleteCaroline, it's good to be friends with Lillian and Wendy Y. They helped me with almost all of the ideas!
ReplyDeleteWow, Ali looks so grown up! Esther themed birthday, leading worship, and writing songs?!?! She's trully blossomed! I can't wait to see and hear!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your sweet reflection of your daughter. You've done such an amazing job raising her, Tree.
Great job with the party too, Mama-san!