Wednesday, November 5, 2008

2 1/2 more weeks!

We went to see Dr. Chou today. My beloved head of anesthesiology at Methodist is only working one day in the whole month of November. Fortunately the date he is on call is near my due date. YEAH! So, Monday, November 24th is when Didi will be born. We're going to shoot for the 12:30 noon slot as opposed to the 7:30am one. That one requires a 5:30am check in. Last time one of the nurses hit a nerve and I needed surgery on my hand to correct it. Hopefully we won't run into that problem this time around.

My husband told Sammie, "We're going to see Didi!" and she kept asking to see him even after we left the doctor's office where we saw the ultrasound. I asked her if she thought Didi was going to come out today. She said, "Yeah." It's all pretty confusing.

So, we're going to meet him in 2 1/2 weeks! Dr. Chou asked us if we have everything ready for him and I said, "No." My mind is still on the house and packing, and etc. I don't know what she means! She did say, "It's 100% a boy." So, what do I need? Clothes? Diapers? Nursing stuff?

It's all happening so fast. I am so grateful to God for carrying us this far. When I think back to those bed rest days and how close we were to losing him it's really amazing that we're almost there.

This morning I finally spent some time worshipping God and here is something that came out of it...

I should preface it with how I keep trying to do it ALL on my own strength and I woke up this morning not tired! I was reminded of Lamentations 3:22-23 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning. Great is thy faithfulness.

I'm not listening to the lies
I'm holding on to the truth
Your mercies are new every morning

No matter how I've failed
No matter how I haven't tried
You make it possible to come

I'm coming back to you
When will I learn
I can't do it on my own
I'm coming back to you

Thank you, Lord that your compassions fail not. Great is your faithfulness!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah! Mama Teresa! We cannot wait to meet him either! That is also the verse/song that He put on my heart last night and today too!!! I worshipped with it this morning also. For different reasons, but it was such a sweet time. How much more powerful that He was ministering to you with the same verse a the same time! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan says... "Can't you hold out one more day?" His birthday is the 25th. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow teresa! you made it! i can't believe that you are going to have the baby in TWO weeks! GRACE GRACE to you these last two weeks and in the months to come. can't wait to meet the little one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi teresa! wishing you a smooth and safe delivery. take care and get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! hooray! 2 more weeks!!! :) we can't wait to meet him! noah has a new friend!!!
    may you experience even MORE of God's goodness as you finish the rest of this pregnancy, into delivery, and into motherhood of 3! :)

    ReplyDelete