So, Ali turned four years old on Wednesday. It is really amazing that four years ago we had our first baby and now we're on our way to having our third. Ali is blessed with so many people that love her. She received e-cards from Kay and Bekah and Auntie Shirley in Africa, phone calls from Auntie Becky and Gigi, Auntie Shirley in Africa, Auntie Evelyn, and the Yap Family in Kansas City! Her Jojo, my 16 year old brother, treated us to a special birthday lunch at Black Angus. He had the waitress prepare a special chocolate cake with whipped cream on top. The plate even said, "Happy Birthday" in chocolate all around it. It was so thoughtful and I know it meant a lot to Ali. She told all of my co-workers that her "Jojo is taking me to a special birthday lunch because it's my birthday today!" It's so cute how she was so excited to tell everyone it's her birthday.
Too bad her birthday also included her annual check up and shots. When Dr. Leong came in she whispered in my ear, "Mommy, tell him I'm not sick" in hopes that that would prevent her from getting any shots. In case you were wondering, it didn't work. Out of the many times that I've taken both of my girls to get shots, this was the first time that I teared up when she cried. I could blame it on the pregnancy... I told my mom and she said, "You need to be a brave mom." I won't say anything else about that.
Well, tomorrow we'll celebrate her birthday at my mom's house. There are so many things running through my mind right now. Don't forget this, don't forget that. It's pretty crazy. I know we tried to simplify, but I guess I'm still learning how.
Before I finish, I would like to thank God for giving us Ali. She is now four years old and I call her my little teenager. She knows what she wants and she has a very strong personality. She is not one to sit in the corner and watch. She loves to be the center of attention - when she feels like it. She LOVES going on picnics, Sammie-most of the time, her friends, her teachers, Jasmine, Ariel, Giselle, reading, making up songs, eating frozen yogurt with mochi, watching videos of Toby and Tytus, watering the plants, dancing, and worshiping God. She is very warm and loving towards family members. She loves to give them hugs and kisses before they leave. Often times you'll find her yelling, "Akong, you forgot to give me a hug and a kiss!" She is the light of her great grandfather's life. Last Tuesday, he fed her some king crab legs. It was very sweet. Every night she prays for Luke's skin and the children in China. She can't wait to go to the hospital so we can bring the baby home.
Yesterday she said, "Daddy, when I grow up I'm going to marry you, ok? Because you love me and I love you. And mommy, may I please borrow your wedding dress and your wedding veil?" There will come a day when she will fall in love with someone else, but for now thank you God for our Ali. She is the love of our lives. Thank you for each day that we have together.
Clutter Rehab is back new and improved!
5 months ago

that is so sweet. she really is a special little girl. it's hard to believe that she's already/only 4!
ReplyDeletewe had a great time today! thank you for having us. i was pleasantly surprised at how well tytus and toby behaved. all those kids were so entertaining =)
ali is SO SO precious! thank you, God, for ali! :)
ReplyDeletesniff..sniff...that last paragraph made me tear up.
ReplyDeleteSOOO precious, teresa! tell ali--thank you so much for praying for luke! God hears her prayers!! =)
ReplyDeletethank you for sharing your ali with us--i feel like i'm getting to know your precious little girl through your eyes.
ReplyDeletehappy belated birthday, ali!