Saturday, January 29, 2011

Breakthrough for a mommy's heart

It is no secret that Sammie and Josiah are Daddy's girl and boy. Ali is mommy's girl. She says to me, "Mommy, why do Sammie and Josiah want Daddy? I want you."

Beats me.

No! He is very lovable. They absolutely adore their daddy. I tried to not let it bother me. When Josiah would wake up crying in the middle of the night and I would go in, he would cry harder! He wanted Daddy not Mommy. Sammie has done this before, too. She yells, "NO! Daddy!" It feels awful. I tried to tell myself that at least I got more sleep than my husband. Things like that. You know, I tried to look at the brighter side. But, it didn't quite do the trick.

Yesterday at breakfast Sammie looked at me with a funny look on her face and said, "Mommy, you hair....is cute like that." That threw me for a loop! I thought she was going to say my hair looked funny! But, she said something nice to me all on her own. For some of you, you may be thinking why is this such a big deal. It's a big deal because it's Sammie. Then at night when I was putting the girls down, she said, "Mommy, I wish I could live with you forever and forever. I never want to leave you. I love you, Mommy." That just warmed my heart to no end.

Last night, I was up late sewing. Yes, sewing. If I finish what I'm making I might post a picture. Josiah woke up crying. My husband was completely out. But, usually he goes to get him because he is the only who can. Well, I decided to try before I woke him. After all, I was already awake. And he actually said, "Bao, bao" to me! He cuddled on my shoulder for a little while and then reached for his crib. I was in awe. God just gave me a beautiful gift. He woke up again an hour or so later and I risked it again. He rested in my arms once again! Two times in one night. Thank you, Lord! I am so very thankful for those precious times. Why am I writing this down? So, in case yesterday was the only day I get, at least I'll have proof that it happened.

4 comments:

  1. Aw, Tree, that's so sweet! If I were you, I probably would have cried at Sammie's words and Josiah's actions. Clearly they love and adore you, but when they can express it and choose you ... it's priceless! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shirley. She said it again the next night. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God gave you a double-whammy gift :) Do you think she could see how touched you were, so she said it again? I love her "forever and forever." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. similar situation here, though i think it was during the twin pregnancy that conley's daddy preference grew really strong (as one might imagine). he wakes up in the morning, stand up in bed and hollers, "Dadddyyyy!!!!" i'll open the door, and he'll say, "no. i want daddy." sometimes he'll say, "mama, can you get my daddy?"
    but every once in while, you might hear him holler, "mama!" if i happen to have put him to bed or something.
    but i think when he was younger, due to the nursing 1:1 time, he preferred me though he didn't have that much of a problem with daddy, and i think we have a similar situation with the twins now often ambushing me. it's funny, if they see the other one heading towards someone, they'll soon take off in pursuit and ambush other people too. if i'm holding one and the other one gives his pathetic "why him and not me???" look and i pick up the other one, the one i WAS holding will start crying because they have to share.

    ReplyDelete