
Ali ran and gave me a hug...twice! "I love my haircut, mommy! Thank you so much for cutting my hair!"
Sammie said, "It's not pretty. It's not like Jae jae's." She wanted it be just like Ali's hair. This was what she told me after her daddy said, "It's beautiful." For some reason, I decided I had better give her a proper reaction to her haircut. React like I was seeing it for the first time and I explained, "WOW! I love your haircut, Sammie! It's sooooooooo cute!" with a lot of excitement. She couldn't contain her giggles as she smiled and smiled. Now she loves it. Sometimes I forget how much our reaction to things affect them.

huh. very interesting. thanks for teaching me to respond with enthusiasm. i don't think i can pull it off as well as you can, but i'll try and put some umph in it.
ReplyDeleteHa ha! The key is to remember to move the muscles in my face and to make sure I use my eyes! I think with homeschooling I'm always thinking of so many things that I need to remember to revel in the moment.
ReplyDeleteWow! Great Job Teresa! They both look amazing! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Autumn! =0)
ReplyDeleteYou cut their hair? It looks so cute! Ali kept mentioning the fact that she got a haircut but I didn't know you did it! A+ on the haircuts!
ReplyDeleteMelissa
i can totally see you with such expression and oooomph and convincing Sammie that her haircut is indeed beautiful! Great job!
ReplyDeletewow teresa! their haircuts look great! and they match kay and bekah now too. =)
ReplyDeleteYeah, they look even more like Kay and Bekah with their Naartjie headbands!
ReplyDeleteLOVE their haircuts, teresa! :) awesome job!!!
ReplyDeletehaha. i thought i had already commented but i guess i didn't.
we miss them!
Ali and Sammie, I LOVE your haircuts! You both look so pretty and just like Mommy!
ReplyDeleteTree, I'm muy impressed!!!
Haha! I didn't know you consciously thought to move your face muscles and use your eyes- good tips! ..especially if someone's too tired to remember what to do :) You can certainly pull off super enthused! :)
Ha ha! Only when I'm exhausted - which is almost all of the time. =0) I need to make a conscience effort. As I get older, I find I need to think about it more and more.
ReplyDelete