Wednesday, November 11, 2009

another car crash!

So we decided to go for a walk to deliver an invitation to Caroline on Monday. It was Josiah, Ali, Sammie, and I. We came back home and closed the garage door. Right after we closed the garage door we heard this loud screech and crash. It was the same sound that we heard when the car hit the fire hydrant. My husband ran out of the house right away. I ran out and saw our next door neighbor and our neighbor across the street standing there. It took everyone awhile to figure out what had happened. The two drivers were backing out at the same time. The one across the street backed out fast thinking that she would get out of before our next door neighbor. They ran into each other. Then our next door neighbor pressed on the gas pedal instead of the breaks and drove up our curb, through our rose bushes, hit my husband's car, crushed two of our front lights, made a circle, and drove through the grass and back onto the street. Our car suffered the most damage out of all three cars. Our next door neighbor is saying that she hit him so hard that he hit our car.

I am very thankful that we came home when we did. We could've been hit by this guy or he could've driven through our house! Thank God he turned his steering wheel when he did.

Again, I am thankful for life! Our little street in Arcadia is not very safe!

8 comments:

  1. oh my goodness how scary! i'm really glad you guys got home just in time too. i'm not quite understanding what your next-door neighbor did, but it does sound like a lot of damage. i hope their insurance covers it all! is this the encroaching fence neighbor? and they hit the prius? too much excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, that's the one! Nice real estate lingo! He made a big circle from the street and hit the prius on the way. Tis hard to explain. I'll post pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My! It sounds scary! Thank God you are all ok!!! Sorry to hear about the Pruis and lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about the accident. You live in a beautiful neighborhood... but the neighbors are a little scary. Hope all the repairs will go very smoothly. Glad you're all ok... looking forward to seeing all of you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. teresa,
    I'm so glad you left my house/street when you did. I can't even begin to imagine the unimaginable. Thank the Lord for the right timing and that you didn't linger at my house longer, thus, getting in the path of the accident.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my, teresa! praise God for His protection over you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone. Yes, I am so thankful that God protected us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow, how scary! glad no one got hurt!!!

    ReplyDelete