Thursday, October 30, 2008

First day of maternity leave

I was/am so exhausted that I woke up late this morning! Ali's preschool started at 9:00. We were supposed to be in the car and ready to go at 8:30. Guess what time I woke up? 8:45! That was scary. I also had an appointment at the DMV at 9:30. So, I was late to both of them. By the time we arrived at Ali's school, it was 9:30. Her teacher was not there because her father is very ill. This is so sad. They had a substitute, too. As I explained why my partner would be out I thought how would I feel if this happened to Ali? And then it did.

Thankfully renewing my license at the DMV was a breeze. Sammie had her stuffed lamb "Lammie" and I read books to them. It really makes a difference when you have an appointment. Too bad my picture is going to be me at eight months pregnant! The last picture had Ali's head in it because she was in the sling!

Update on the house: the hardwood floors have failed. Learn from our mistake: if you want dark floors don't go with maple. It stains uneven and blotchy. So, we must go light. My mom is really upset about the whole situation. The hardwood floor guy tried many times to make it work. Our floors have been sanded three times to no avail.

I must go rest now.

No comments:

Post a Comment