So, I was on the phone and right as I hung up the phone, Ali calls, "Mommy, I'm in Sammie's room cutting her hair!" I yell, "NO!!!!!!!" as I run into Sammie's room. This is what I see. Sammie sitting very nicely in the middle of her room, Ali standing with her Ariel scissors in her hand, a trash can next to Sammie that has collected many chunks of Sammie's hair in 2-3 inch sections. Then I look on the rug and there are some more chunks in a neat pile next to Sammie. They both had two braids and Ali decided to cut her sister's hair because some had fallen out and was now in her face. She fixed that problem! She also cut some off of the back and I thought that was it. Bath time comes around and I find more sections that had been cut that were just stuck in her braids! She cut a good portion of one of her braids and some hair that just stayed together with her braids until I took them out. The bath water had quite some hair floating in it! Of course, she didn't leave herself out. She cut pieces of her hair that had fallen out of the braids because they were IN HER FACE! When I had a talk with her about why it's not a good idea to cut ANYONE'S hair she replied, "But, I really like cutting hair!"
hahaha! that's hilarious, i can't wait to see it!
ReplyDeletedid you know katie also decided to cut her own hair once when she was little? you should ask her about it. my mom got so mad because she had CHOPPED off her bangs. entirely!
oops... I think I gave her those Ariel scissors, right? ;P
ReplyDeletehehe, i'm crossing my fingers that it wasn't as extensive of a haircutting as audrey's from year's ago... http://home.pacbell.net/qoqonut/
ReplyDeleteat least ali announced it to you, instead of quietly snipping away more and more! ah... if only she knew how much effort her mom has taken to look after her beautiful hair... maybe just give her the doll whose hair she can cut?
OH NOOOO! bekah cut her own hair before and i almost cried and she totally cried b/c she scared herself! oh...so CUTE and so sad all at the same time. :)
ReplyDelete