Saturday, April 9, 2011

Finally!!!

Introducing Raphael Ashenafi Alvarado! We were all VERY excited to meet this little guy. The girls prayed daily for him. Our good friends, Jon and Rosana, adopted him from Ethiopia. They gave us a picture of him. We printed it out and the girls laid hands on him every night asking God to bring him home. Oh my goodness, I was just thrilled to meet him!
All of the kids had fun, too! The three older kids played so well together and Josiah and Ashen are really close in age. They both love cars! Yah! Josiah has a buddy!
He is so full of joy! If he hears someone laughing he will laugh, too!
Check out this full on no eyes laugh!
Big bro Gio with Ali and Sammie - love his glasses!
Ali was really happy that she got to drive Ashen around.
Gio and Sammie

Ro and Ashu
Ro-she is such a dear friend who knows more about the Lakers than anyone I know! One day we'll have to watch a game together. Go Lakers!
He is so so precious!
I can't wait to hang out with you guys again!

6 comments:

  1. He is such a smiley boy! What a great addition to their family! So happy that you had the blessing of praying for him and teaching your kids about the power of prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My! He's so precious and such a bundle of JOY! I can only imagine how heart warming it was for everyone to meet him. How special that the girls got to pray for him and then meet him! Yay! Josiah has a friend! :)Thanks for sharing the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little boy is SO precious. He looks so full of joy. Methinks he will grow to have an influential personality. May God bless and use this little boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara-definitely! God is doing something in their hearts. They asked if we could adopt a little boy who was in the background of his picture. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley-Isn't he?! He really is a bundle of joy. It didn't take him long to warm up. Yeah, Josiah kept saying his name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caroline-I love your insight! Oh, I forgot to mention that he speaks and understands Vietnamese! Isn't that so cool?!

    ReplyDelete