Sunday, April 17, 2011

Agricultural Fair

Thanks to Kathy, I decided very last minute to enter Ali and Sammie into the Ag. Fair this year. Kathy bought the seeds for us and helped coordinate a day for us to do the seed art. If it weren't for her, I wouldn't have been able to do it. To top it all off, she dropped off our art for us and picked it up! Thank you so much, Kathy.

As you can see the girls were very proud of their 1st and 2nd place ribbons. We were not expecting anything, so it was really nice to receive awards. They even won some prize money!
Ali placed 1st in her age group! Ali's was placed really high, so I made he stand on the back of a wooden horse to get this shot! I made a quick look to make sure no one in charge was looking!
Sammie placed 2nd in her age group! Then she turned around and climbed on this wooden pig. Then she told me to take a picture of her. I think this might be one of the best shots I have of Sammie!

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!! The girls so very talented, their artwork look great! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Ali and Sammie!
    This year, Michael decided to enter a latch hook rug he had made. He spent a year making it and didn't even place. Too bad! Glad though that the girls placed so high!

    Laura and Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is so cool! Way to go Ali & Sammie!

    ReplyDelete