Sunday, August 3, 2008

I went to a homeschooling conference yesterday and it was really good. These women truly inspire me. It's pretty neat how many different kinds of people there were. This was not a Christian homeschooling conference, so there were people from so many backgrounds. It was helpful for me to see a lot of more "normal" families. I seriously thought that I would see a hotel full of women with long dresses. I know, it's an awful stereotype. I have to say I did do a double take when I saw all two or three of them. It made me feel a lot better to know that people like me are homeschoolers. Why? I think I put too much emphasis on my image or my family's image. How we look, dress, carry ourselves, etc. When homeschooling is so much about the heart and mind all I can see is what I can see with my eyes. Lord, please help me to be free of being so concerned of our image.

So, I'm a little embarrassed to say that my husband got me an iphone. I didn't want one. He even offered to give me a back rub if I agreed to watch a video that was an ad for the iphone. It was a win win situation for me. So, I think he went and/or drove by the apple stores four times before he scored them. It took me awhile to get used to it, but now it's great. One of my favorite parts is the ipod part. So, I'm going to share with you one of my favorite songs that I HAD to buy. It's taken me a long time to get into this itunes thing, but I love how songs are 99cents.

My favorite worship leader right now is Matt Gilman from IHOP. He and Cory Asbury just did this album called Holy. I LOVE his songs "Made for you" and "You made a way." His heart when he leads worship ( his incredible voice doesn't hurt) really helps draw me closer to God. They also came out with an album called "One thing Live" and Matt does a song called, "Holy (live)" on it. There are so many great songs on this album, too. Listen to the clips if you're into itunes. Let me know what you think and if you LOVE these songs, too.

I also like Misty Edwards, Justin Rizzo, and Eddie James. These are the people who inspire me to pull my guitar out or play the piano and worship God even with the high risk of Ali and Sammie getting into a fight or an arguement as soon as I start. Thank you Matt, Misty, Justin, and Eddie for your hearts of worship.

1 comment:

  1. thx for filling us in on your conference. can't wait to hear more. so glad the guys and our little ones went on that little trip! thank God for you all!

    ReplyDelete