Wednesday, August 6, 2008

6 years!

So, we've been married for 6 years. As Engel said, "Three babies in six years, that's crazy!" We are crazy, but I'd have to say we're having the time of our lives. We haven't been able to celebrate our anniversary yet, but I did receive my first piece of jewelry since our engagement. My husband is on two business trips this week and he won't be back until Friday night. Before you pity me, he did send me a beautiful gift in the mail. I came home and saw a package at our door. It was a lovely pea in the pod necklace with three little pearl peas inside. Ali took a picture of me wearing it and I was going to post it until I saw it. Let's just say I love the necklace. =0)

My husband - he likes to remain nameless, but you all know who he is.
From the days when we "hid" our budding romance from all church people until Leonard caught us holding hands in Old Town up until being pregnant with our third baby, he has always made me feel safe. Safe to be myself, safe to open up to him, safe to show him what I'm afraid to show anybody else. They said when we first started dating that he grounded me. I guess I was that girl with her head up in the clouds.

I love the way I have to fight Ali and Sammie to get to him when he gets home. They absolutely adore him. They love to "ta-da" for him with any dress or funny hat. Even when they don't want to wear it, if I say, "Go "ta-da" for daddy!" There is a good chance that they'll put it on just for him.

He is such a servant. Even when he's tired, he will wash the dishes and clean the kitchen, take out the trash, rub my back, wash and cut up some fruit for us. He's always up for helping our parents or grandparents lift or carry anything.

He'll eat my cooking - even though I make the same things over and over again. Tonight I made Mitch's chicken piccata with pasta and he missed it. Thank you, Mitch for the recipe. Ali and Sammie couldn't get enough of it!

He's my best friend and I miss him very much. I can't wait until he comes back to us. I know it's just a few days, but everything is harder when you're pregnant with number 3!

Here is a picture of us at my childhood friend's wedding. Yes, that's me 5 months pregnant. Thank you, Wendy for letting me borrow your dress! I have to say the dress made me look smaller than I really am. At this point, I can't remember how many of my husband's aunts asked if I'm sure I'm not having twins! His side of the family has three sets of twin boys! My husband said, "It better not be twins because the necklace only has three peas." I forgot to include how funny he is! He's not one of those people that cracks jokes all the time or tried to be funny. He can make me laugh like NO OTHER!

5 comments:

  1. TREEE!!! Happy 6 years Anniversary!! :) I remember it all. All the memories: of our phone call when you told me about the budding romance, all the moments when Ed drove me to visit you and he bought you sunflowers, and of course, THE proposal, and THE WEDDING DAY to holding ALI as a baby and now the third one on the way! GIRL, so happy I get to walk with you through such sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, it's so wonderful that you were there through it all. I'm sad that I wasn't there to watch you and Campbell's relationship grow into what it is today. I'm thankful for your blog, though and I hope we'll get to see a lot of each other when you guys come to town in a few months. Thank you for being there for me all these years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy anniversary, teresa!!! :) you ARE crazy...haha. 3 kids in 6 years!
    you are so funny to not post the picture of your necklace. i can't wait to see it!
    may you have LOTS of grace the next couple of days on your own!
    looking forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your "budding romance"...i really had no idea what was going on until you started showing up at our family get-togethers =)
    what a lovely picture, by the way, really? they all asked if you're having twins? it'll be CRAZY if you had twins! (i'm sure you already know it is..)
    hope you guys got a chance to celebrate this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweet post. happy 6 years and congrats on the baby 3. thanks for sharing about your beautiful family. sunny

    ReplyDelete