This is the story of how we found out about you, baby Ko.
I noticed I was getting fat, but I wasn't sure I was pregnant because I usually gain weight right before that time of the month and then calm down afterwards. My husband kept asking if it was that time of the month and it hadn't arrived, yet. However, I could no longer wear my jeans comfortably. So out came the stretchy pants.
It was March 24th, 2008 and Ali, Sammie, and I were getting ready for dinner. Ali prayed her usually prayer at dinner, "Dear God, Thank you for this lovely day. Thank you for the weekend. And thank you for giving me a little brother. In Jesus name I pray, Amen." I said, "What did you pray for?" She said, "I thanked God for giving me a little brother." Granted, this wasn't the first time she had prayed for a little brother, but it was the first time she had thanked God for giving her one. I let it go and we started eating.
My husband came home that night and the first thing he said was not, "Honey, how was your day?" it was, "Was it that?!" while pointing at my stomach. I don't have to mention that he NEVER talks about my stomach because I have had two of his babies and I am very self conscious about it. I said, "What is what?" He said, "That! Is that a bump? Is that a baby bump?" We say down to eat, but I couldn't let it go. So, I got up and said, "I'm going to go take the test just to rule it out." He said, "Ok, we'll just stay here."
I went to take the test and the first thing I saw was + -. I know I am a mother of two, but at that moment I thought maybe both windows need to be plus! I quickly unfolded the instruction manual and it said, "Positive." I was stunned. Ali ran over to the bathroom and asked, "Mommy, are we going to have a new baby in the family?" I couldn't speak. All I could do was nod my head. She yelled, "YAH!" and jumped up and down for awhile. Then she asked, "Are we going to the hospital right now?" Inside I was laughing, but nothing was coming out. All I could do was shake my head no. She then asked, "After nap time?" At this point, I was able to speak again and I reminded her of those pictures where mommy's tummy was so big when Sammie was in it. She said, "Oh, yeah. We have to wait until your tummy gets REALLY big!"
I called my husband and I said, "You better come over here." He said, "Why?" I said, "Just come over here." He looked at the pregnancy test and said, "Ohhhhh my goooooodness," held me for awhile and then said, "I'm going to go finish my dinner."
Clutter Rehab is back new and improved!
3 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment